Instructions For Your Sleep Study
Facility Sleep Study
- Sleep study hours are from 8:30pm to 6:30 am.
- Children under the age of 15 and adults who require assistance are allowed to have a parent, guardian or caregiver stay with them the duration of the sleep study.
- Do not have any caffeine or alcoholic beverages before your sleep evaluation.
- Please speak to the sleep center staff if you take sleep medication routinely.
- Please refrain from using facial make-up, oils, or body lotions.
- Please shower and wash your hair prior to testing.
- Bring comfortable sleeping clothes like shorts and tee-shirt (clothing required)
- The preferred sleeping attire for all patients would be a t-shirt and gym shorts or pajamas short set.
- Please feel free to bring your pillow or favorite blanket. These items will be furnished, but personal items sometimes make you feel more comfortable.
You will spend the night in a private room with all the comforts of home. You will be monitored continuously throughout the night by sleep technicians. Towels and wash clothes are provided. We ask that you bring personal items such as toothbrush, soap, shampoo, deodorant, and shaving crème if you would like to shower the next morning.
If you need to cancel your test, please call 24 hours prior to your appointment. Feel free to call if you have any questions or concerns regarding your test, at 281-557-3557.
If your study shows a certain degree of sleep apnea, you will be called for a second night study for CPAP titration.
A second sleep study in facility may be required to try CPAP therapy and titrate to the best effective pressure. Depending on facial features, possibility of mouth opening during sleep and leaks from under the mask, the CPAP can be delivered using a standard mask around the nose, or smaller nasal pillows that fit in the nostril, or a mask that covers both the nose and the mouth.